Family Law Solicitor - £40 hourly - Local Government
Interim Solicitor - Child Protection & Family Law - £40.00 hourly - West Midlands
I am currently working with a Local Authority within the West Midlands region as they seek to take on an Interim Solicitor for a rolling contract until the end of 2019 to help provide legal advice and advocacy in Adult & Child Protection matters.
Purpose of your role:
- To provide high quality, well researched legal advice to clients within agreed timescales.
- To represent the interests of the council in proceedings before the Family Courts, Court of Protection, High Court and other tribunals as required.
- To proactively support clients in areas of their work which have a legal dimension.
What can they offer you?
- Competitive hourly rate - Up to £40.00 hourly DOE.
- Ongoing contract length for 2019 with the option for renewal in the New Year.
- Direct work with Children, Young People and Families.
What they are looking for:
- Good generalist knowledge and understanding of contentious local government law
- Good in depth knowledge and experience of family law, more specifically around vulnerable adults and children
- Recent experience of working within local government or similar
- Up to date working knowledge of issues facing local government
- Experience of advocacy, including non routine, complex and contested matters
- Post qualification experience in the relevant field
Qualifications & CPD:
- Admitted solicitor/barrister
- Good degree 2:2 or above
- Evidence of ongoing CPD and continuous professional development
Any interested applicants would benefit from sending their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call Liam Woods on 0207 940 2100 for a confidential discussion to determine your options and future prospects.
Know of anyone who fits this depiction? We need them too! Send us their name and contact details (phone-number and email). If your referral gets a role, you receive £200 in high-street gift vouchers!