Procurement Officer Social Care Setting
I am working with a Local Authority who is looking for a procurement officer to join its team. The Authority is offering an attractive salary and a great supportive environment for the right candidate.
* To provide strategic procurement advice and support on all large programmes and projects; over £100K up to £50 million in value. This encompasses all adult and children's social care categories of spend, and all manner of complexity. To provide strategic guidance to senior officers up to and including Assistant Directors in delivering service objectives by procuring value for money contracts. To inform service re-design and innovation projects with relevant advice on procurement strategy and evaluation tools.
* To ensure that all procurement activity is compliant with UK/EU legislation and case law, and delivers Council priorities, especially those arising from Cabinet direction on a periodic basis..
* To influence the design of contract specifications and evaluation criteria in order to deliver service outcomes and a reduction in cost, whilst mitigating risk to business continuity.
* To provide one to one training and development to officers across the Council and partner organisations to embed procurement best practise and a culture of improvement.
Skills and Qualifications
* Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (MCIPS) qualified or equivalent, ( Level 5) with significant post qualifying experience.
* Considerable experience in project and change management, in a procurement or commissioning field
* Practised stakeholder management skills across sectors
* A detailed knowledge of public service/local government and partnership working
* Proven management skills
* Experience of manipulation of financial and other data within an excel environment to evaluate tenders and performance.
* Experience in Public Sector Procurement
For more information please contact Jack Maguire with a up to date CV and relevant references.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Apply for Procurement Officer Social Care Setting
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly