Photo credit: rawpixel.com/Adobe Stock
Imagine learning the technical skills you need to become a software developer. In a class with other women who support each other to succeed. All while being paid to train. Sound too good to be true? Thanks to our ‘Aspire’ program, it’s very much a reality.
Aspire is an 11-week instructor-led online course starting October 10, 2022 specifically designed for women from all degree backgrounds.
Before training begins, we’ll work to place you into a tech role with a global leading employer via our graduate program. We have roles in St Louis (Missouri), Plano (Texas), and Tampa (Florida).
This program aims to increase the representation of women in tech. If you do not self-identify as a woman, but are interested in a career in technology, please explore our career page at edgejobs.wiley.com or email our talent team.
What you'll learn
Starting with the basics, the course will equip you with the skills needed to become a professional Java Software Developer. By the end of the training, you’ll be able to:
- Explain basic concepts in computer programming, including computational thinking and creating algorithms.
- Create applications using the coding language ‘Java’ with appropriate types and variables.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of code layout, object names, and comments to increase code readability.
- Identify basic principles of object-oriented programming.
- Organize code by responsibility into types and layers using the MVC pattern.
- Explain the Agile development approach to building software.
Get your foot in the door at a leading employer
Before, during and after the training, you’ll have access to job opportunities via our graduate program.
We work with the biggest names in banking, technology, and insurance. We help them find driven graduates who are custom-trained in the skills they need. If you’re successfully placed, you’ll begin a 12-24 month placement with the client as a Wiley Edge employee. At the end of the placement, the majority convert to full time employees with the organization.
If you’d prefer to complete the training and start your career elsewhere, that’s not a problem. We don’t make you sign any unfair contracts and you’ll never have to pay a thing.
Sound good? Register today!